Saturday 4 February 2012

Illamasqua - Milf

I wanted to start with a bang, so I am bringing you Milf.

Kudos to Illamasqua for their daring sense of humour! I couldn't help but buy this product... Butter do a shade called Yummy Mummy but it's nowhere near as cool.

This nail varnish is a mint green shade, much lighter than what I'm used to, but it's absolutely gorgeous. It looks very glossy indeed! I don't usually do pastels but this green has a slight vintage look, it actually reminds me of some Laura Ashley crockery I have - it's ultra feminine! In real life it looks a little like a paint by Crown called Almost Sage. 

The colour is true to the bottle. It goes on a little thicker than I would have liked, but the coverage was even in two coats. Drying time was pretty good, I had a busy day ahead and no spare time to fix any mistakes.

I know Illamasqua is a tad more pricey than other brands but the formula is very good and after three days, there are no signs of chipping or tip wear. 

I hope my photos have captured the beauty of this creamy nail varnish. 

Click to enlarge

Brand: Illamasqua
Name: Milf
Type: Creme
Colour: (Mint) Green
Pantone equivalent: 344/345
Make Up Alley rating: 3.7/5
Potential dupes: Chanel Jade, although Milf appears lighter (based on the photos I've seen)
Buy it from Illamasqua £13.50

I used:
1 x OPI Natural Base Coat
2 x Illamasqua Milf
1 x OPI RapiDry Top Coat

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 400 - indoors - no flash - cloudy

7 comments:

  1. Bienvenida al mundo blogger! Estoy feliz de poder ver toda tu colección finalmente (tengo que escribir en inglés??? me siento rara introduciendo las primeras palabras en español ja ja)
    Me encantan los pasteles, los verdes y sueño con tener un creme de Illamasqua algun día asi que este primer post es 100% mi estilo y me encantó. Muy buena la idea de postearlo tipo ficha, con muchos datos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias por insistir! Lo escribo en inglés pero comentá en lo que quieras :-)

      Delete
  2. bienvenida :)
    Pensé que tu primer post iba a ser un OPI!!
    Chanel Jade tiene shimmer verde, este parece 100% cremoso... Todos los que se me ocurren tienen un tono más azulado! Y bueno hay que tener Milf!! Buena compra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Empecé con lo que tenía puesto, pero mañana me pinto con un OPI ;-) Hay que tener Milf (y de paso un par más de Illamasqua que se ven re lindos también)!

      Delete
  3. se llamará milf porque es verde como lo que vendían en weeds? son muy elegantes estos esmaltes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es un nombre muy atrevido, aunque no creo que tenga que ver con eso que decís. No sé de dónde viene el color verde...

      Delete
  4. no soy de los verdes y azules, pero este me gustó... es muy sobrio... no da look pendex como otros verdes... usable, muy lindo!
    besos Ceci!

    ReplyDelete