Sunday 26 February 2012

Mavala - Poetic

One of the good things about being in the UK is that when it comes to nail varnish we have a lot of choice and access to many brands from around the globe.

Mavala is a Swiss brand based in Geneva. Their products are free from parabens, formaldehydes, toluene, camphore, cellophane, animal ingredients and heavy metals.

All their nail varnishes come in 5 ml bottles; the idea behind it is that a small amount won't dry out but you can still have enough to last you all season. If you like collecting like I do, then you have a lot of choice with plenty of colours and finishes. 

I bought Poetic for Nail Art: I don't normally like pink on my nails, despite being feminine, so I thought the little bottle would be enough for the design I had in mind.

The brush is quite good so application was easy. The formula is neither too runny nor sheer and drying time was average. 

A créme finish with a delicate silver shimmer which adds a bit of interest, Poetic is very pretty and lady like. My daughter loves it!

I can't comment on wear time because I did my nails at night and when I woke up the next morning I felt like I'd had a hands transplant. I really don't recognise myself with pink digits so I did my Nail Art design and removed it pretty much straight away. I have tried another Mavala nail varnish before and it chipped within a couple of days, so next time I use this brand I will give them a fair chance and let you know what my experience is.

Click to enlarge

Brand: Mavala
Collection: Floral Colour
Number: 294
Name: Poetic
Type: Creme
Colour: Pink
Pantone equivalent: 1777
Make Up Alley rating: N/A
Potential dupes: Haven't found any yet!
Buy it from BeautyBay £2.99

I used:
1 x OPI Natural Base Coat
2 x Mavala Poetic
1 x Save The Nail 45 Second Top Coat

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 400 - indoors - no flash - daylight

This post is dedicated to my friend Julie who is a big fan of Mavala's.

6 comments:

  1. Ay que lindo ver Mavala en tu blog! Gracias por la dedicatoria, no podés ser tan dulce y copada! A mi me encantó el color y a pesar de que te ves rara para mi te hace manos de teen!! ja ja La botellita de los Mavala para mi es lo más lindo que hay, toda chiquita y ese capuchon metalizado...lindo
    Tengo solo 10 Mavala porque como siempre dice Caro Yapur la oferta de colores que llega a Argentina es muy límitada (demasiados corales/nudes) pero para mi la ecuación precio-cantidad de esmalte-calidad es perfecta (ah y me duran un montón, es una marca que no se me salta nunca,pero eso creo que es una cuestion de compatibilidad entre nuestra "quimica" y las marcas, no funciona igual para todas las mujeres)
    Gracias Ceci, amé esta entrada, feliz domingo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Habrá más Mavala, que tengo 4 pero si siguen a £2.99 es posible que tenga más... ;-)

      Me alegro mucho de que te haya gustado. Próximamente el Nail Art con esta base!

      Delete
  2. Mirá que bueno... no sabía que el mavala no tenia tolueno...otra razon para probarlo!!! Ya se que los rositas no son tu onda... pero igual te quedan lindos... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! Y no tiene heavy metal, eh... le gustará el pop? :-P A mi hija le gustó tanto que le pinté sus mini uñitas!

      Delete
  3. Me encantó!!
    Amo el rosa, es mi color favorito... la mayoría de mis esmaltes son rosas...
    Y Mavala no tengo ninguno, me encantó eso que decis que la botellita es chiquitita, ya que nunca se usan tanto como para terminar una botella grande... Ojalá en algún momento tenga algun Mavala cerca! jajja
    Está precioso!
    Beso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Yo regalé todos los rosas que tenía y éste creo que es el único que tengo ahora! Después preguntale a Julie dónde los consigue en Argentina ;-)

      Delete