Friday 17 February 2012

Nail Art: Bee

Last week I showed you my first attempt at nail art, the Skip Hop Owl. The staff at Skip Hop loved it, which was a huge compliment, and suggested I should do the Bee next... so here it is!

I initially thought of basing my design on the Zoo Lunchies, as I did with the Owl, but I soon realised it would lose some of its appeal without its wings and antennae. So I went for the Zoo Playspot instead.

My inspiration:

Click to enlarge
My materials:

The colours, described below
And a toothpick, as my only brush decided to give up on me!

I painted things in the following order:
  1. My nails with the base colour, OPI I Vant to be A-Lone Star
  2. The body of the Bee, using Mavala Acid Yellow and its brush
  3. The wings, making two circles with OPI Alpine Snow and a toothpick
  4. The detail: antennae, eyes, smile, stripes and sting, using OPI Black Onyx and a toothpick
  5. I topped it all off with a coat of Save The Nail 45 Second Top Coat
The outcome:

Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge

It was harder than it looks, but it's also a fun nail art idea, especially for the Spring! Will you bee having a go too?

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh te quedó preciosa!!! No me digas que te vas a hacer todos los dibujitos del gim de tu nena... :) Hacete el monito para la proxima, te quedan bárbaros!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Tenía pensado hacerme la vaquita de San Antonio, pero si Skip Hop piden otra cosa les haré caso :-) Me costó eh, pero torcida y todo la quiero!

      Delete
  2. Muy linda!! creo que la otra se lucia mas por los colores... Ese OPi que usaste de base me gusto!! Es como un celeste perlado?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Si, el otro lo elegí para mi hija porque me encanta el contraste del turquesa con el rojo ;-) Al celeste le saqué una foto antes de pintar la abejita así puedo hacer un review completito... es más Mara que Cecilia, pero me gusta!

      Delete
  3. Ay es una dulzura, no puedo creer que te quedó tan bien sin pincel! Me gusta que haya quedado tranqui, podria verse más contraste con un celeste más jugado pero asi quedó re tierna. Esos juguetes se ven increibles, que buen diseño.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! La verdad es que no fue fácil, menos aún con la peque correteando alrededor... Tengo Lagoon, pero este celeste me dio más onda cielo :-)

      Delete