Monday 27 February 2012

Nail Art: Ladybug

Continuing a recent theme, I am trying my hand at more Nail Art. This week I am bringing you the Ladybug (Ladybird) from the ZOO collection by Skip Hop.

My inspiration:

Skip Hop ZOO Ladybug

My materials:

The colours, described below
As I have no brush, I had to improvise once again. I used a French manicure sticker and a toothpick.

The process:

I painted things in the following order:
  1. My nails with the base colour, Mavala Poetic
  2. A half moon in Bullish on OPI, using the French manicure sticker
  3. Black circles using OPI Black Onyx and the toothpick
    1. The eyes and mouth
    2. The triangle on the chest (joining the dots!)
    3. The dots on the wings
  4. Two coats of top coat to be safe!
Click to enlarge

The outcome:

Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
The curved line looks straight in the last picture, you can see it better in the penultimate one.

This has got to be the easiest Nail Art ever! Well, maybe not, but it's easy enough for a beginner like me, you only need three colours and it's super cute. 

I purposefully omitted the antennae, do you think it looks like something is missing?

8 comments:

  1. Ay que divinura!! Estas a full con el nail art!
    Los de Skip Hop deberían mandarte algo de regalo por la propaganda que les estas haciendo, jaja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No son re tiernos los diseños? Creo que la próxima se viene el perro... y por ahí les doy un descansito ;-)

      Delete
  2. Re-tierno!! me encantó!
    yo todavía no me animé a ningun nail art a mano alzada, solo con Konad... pero este se ve fácil y queda hermoso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animate, que si yo pude sin pincel, cualquiera puede! ;-) Gracias!

      Delete
  3. Te quedó muy tierno! Sigo adorando más que a todos el del buho, esos colores me mataron! Tal vez yo si le hubiera puesto las antenitas o al menos un borde negro para darle la forma redondeada a la cabecita. Me asombra que te haya quedado tan prolijo si usar pincel, sos una genia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! La verdad es que empecé con el mejor y ahora ninguno logra alcanzar al primero... pero sigo participando! Con la abejita hice un fondo porque sin alas no iba a ser igual, pero con ésta me tiré sin borde.

      Necesito invertir en pinceles urgente!!

      Delete
  4. Te quedo perfecto!!! Re tierno ademas... :)

    ReplyDelete