Wednesday 29 February 2012

OPI - Did It On'Em

The sun came out today and it felt like Spring is only around the corner, so I decided to try on this nail varnish from the Nicki Minaj collection which came out just before this year began.

I'd seen pictures of this shade and thought I'd give it a go. It's very different from anything I had bought before, so I took a leap of faith and ordered it.

The first time I tried it I thought it was hideous. It looked so awful on my hands, I just took a picture, used the shatter from the same collection on top and removed it straight away.

I tried it again today and I don't know if it had something to do with the sunshine, or the fact that I booked a day's holiday, but I almost liked it. It's still weird, like something out of a B movie, but it's definitely growing on me.

The formula is fine, although it needs three coats, which still showed some brush marks. Applying the top coat removed these. It dries a tad darker than the bottle, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like olives, and this product looks like a very light olive green to me.

My nails are naturally long, so I think it looks better when they have been recently filed.

The bottom line is that buying this nail varnish has made me realise that sometimes staying within your comfort zone is not a bad thing.

I still haven't managed to cross the front door with this on my nails. Maybe next time, huh?

Click to enlarge
Brand: OPI
Collection: Nicki Minaj
Name: Did It On'Em
Type: Creme
Pantone equivalent: 381
Make Up Alley rating: 3.4/5
Potential dupes: China Glaze Electric Pineapple (comparison coming up soon!)
Buy it from Chemist Direct £6.99 + P&P


I used:
1 x OPI Natural Base Coat
3 x OPI Did It On'Em
1 x Save The Nail 45 Second Top Coat

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 400 - indoors - no flash - sunshine

3 comments:

  1. Es un lindo color, definitivamente es algo que yo usaría! Qué es como un verde manzana? o mas tirando a amarillo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creo que tira más al amarillo, por ahí a vos te quedaría mejor que a mi. El amarillo viene mucho para esta primavera/verano, quizás hasta me anime a salir a la calle así! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Que divino color!! Me encantan los amarillos... justo estaba pensando que me quería comprar un bien pleno como ese... :)Igual es raro porque tiene como un poco de verde ¿no?

    ReplyDelete