Wednesday 22 February 2012

OPI - DS Coronation vs Nicole by OPI - Imagine If...

After yesterday's post about DS Coronation, I decided to compare it to another nail varnish from my collection: Nicole by OPI's Imagine If...

I think that despite looking remotely similar on the bottle, both polishes are very different and Imagine If... is a sheer base with scattered holo particles. Looking at my photos again, it appears that II is more colourful than DS C, but it could be the angle the light was coming in from.  


Small finger - one coat of II over OPI Black Onyx. I really like this combination and will definitely be doing it again.

Ring finger - one coat of DS C over OPI Black Onyx, I think DS C is too thick to be a layering polish. Do you agree?

Middle finger - two coats of II, still a bit too sheer for my liking, but it might suit some of you out there looking for a very subtle look.

Index finger - two coats of DS C. You might need a third one or a clear base (I used two coats of OPI Ridge Filler for yesterday's swatches).

Click to enlarge
My favourite is the little finger, which one is yours?

6 comments:

  1. Me gusta mucho la combinación del dedo meñique, y tambíen como queda DS Coronation solo en el índice. Imagine if se ve muy clarito, yo no lo usaria solo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nunca lo usé por eso, pero sobre otro... voy a tener que seguir probando! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Opino igual que Caro, muy buena la combinación de negro+ Imagine If

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Veo que estamos todas de acuerdo :-)

      Delete
  3. Coincido con vos... el meñique es el mas lindo.... igual el ds coronation es un plateado divino. Yo nunca cambio de color el índice, me suena a que si destacas ese dedo quedás muy inquisidora LOL. Si tengo que destacar alguno uso el mayor y el anular, en gral. destaco el anular de la derecha y el mayor de la izquierda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo no suelo destacar nada, pero haría el anular nada más porque se luce con mis anillos (que me saco para las fotos!)... el índice me suena a "después no me digas que no te avisé!" ;-)

      Delete