Friday 24 February 2012

OPI - DS Reflection

Continuing to share my love for holos, I am bringing you Reflection from OPI's Designer Series. This is the second out of the three minis I got in exchange for an order which was unavailable, as I mentioned a couple of days ago.

This is a warm coral/red I hadn't tried before. It's OK but the holographic effect is not as noticeable as it is on other polishes, despite appearing to be more linear, as you will find in the pictures in bright sunshine below.

DS Reflection seems to flash a lot of pink and purple. When I think of holos I mainly imagine rainbows, so I feel slightly shortchanged with this one.

Application was great as it is with most OPIs. It was smooth and glossy after two coats, and that was all it needed for optimum coverage. Drying time was also good.

I have to admit I am on the fence about this one and can't really justify the increased price tag when there are more prominent holos out there. What do you think?

Click to enlarge
I made the most of a sunny day, see the colours below:

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Brand: OPI
Collection: Designer Series
Name: Reflection
Type: (Scattered) Holographic
Colour: Red/Coral
Pantone equivalent: 186
Make Up Alley rating: 3.3/5
Potential dupes: Haven't found any, but there might be better red holos out there!
Buy it from eBay £14.99 (Buy it now)

I used:
1 x OPI Natural Base Coat
1 x OPI Ridge Filler
2 x OPI DS Reflection
1 x Save The Nail 45 Second Top Coat

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 400/200 - indoors/outdoors - no flash - sunshine

6 comments:

  1. El rojo no es mi color... pero a vos te queda precioso y ese es un tono lindísimo... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Tengo muchos rojos, para cuando quiero algo más clásico ;-)

      Delete
  2. Los esmaltes de OPI son excelentes! ese color es de maravilla..besos y buen sabado.

    http://modargenta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo era fan de OPI y nada más, pero ahora estoy probando y hay muchas marcas buenas. El pincel me encanta! Gracias por pasar, nos estamos visitando ;-)

      Delete
  3. Como color es divino! Ahora, medio mesquinos con el efecto holografico, no?
    Tengo Wocka Wocka de Opi todavia sin usar, mi primer rojo! jaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totalmente! Dónde está mi arco iris? Tengo 3 de los Muppets sin estrenar, tengo que ponerme las pilas!

      Delete