Tuesday 7 February 2012

OPI - Here Today... Aragon Tomorrow Suede

I found this little gem in a clearance basket and could not believe my eyes!

Here Today... Aragon Tomorrow is my first and only suede nail varnish to date. I already have the normal version and was a bit apprehensive at first but to be fair they are far from dupes.

This is a beautiful shade of green. It's dark, rich and its shimmery foil particles make it look very luxurious. It screams winter to me, but that's fine because I live in the UK, which means plenty of wear!

The formula is excellent and it goes on like a dream. This polish changes before your eyes: as it dries, it goes matte, but the moment your hands are wet again, it looks shiny and closer to what you see in the bottle. Washing your hands has never been so much fun before!

Drying time is so quick that by the time I've done both hands, I'm ready for a second coat - very impressive! I love the matte finish but am aware it's not everyone's cup of tea; from the pictures I found online it appears that most people would rather apply a top coat than wear it on its own. I think that super fast drying and no need for top coat make it the ideal nail varnish for when you just fancy a quick change but haven't got a spare hour or so.

The only negative side to it is that you get tip wear easily, but sadly this is a common problem with matte/suede nail varnishes. I can live with that!

Click to enlarge

Brand: OPI
Collection: Suede
Name: Here Today... Aragon Tomorrow Suede
Type: Suede 
Colour: (Dark) Green
Pantone equivalent: 3435
Make Up Alley rating: 3.4/5
Potential dupes: Zoya Verushka
Buy it from Urban Trading at £8.99

I used:
1 x OPI Natural Base Coat
3 x OPI Here Today... Aragon Tomorrow Suede 

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 400 - indoors - no flash - daylight

2 comments:

  1. uh se ve super elegante realmente como terciopelo..mucho más lindo que la version "Cheap" de Revlon. No tengo ninguno con esa terminación, pero este tienta de verdad. Voy a buscar fotos con top coat porque me dio curiosidad. Pregunta: que pasa si a un esmalte matte le ponés un top coat matte?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tenés razón, se ve aterciopelado. Si lo llegás a conseguir (o el de Zoya) no dejes de probarlo!

      Tu respuesta y algunas combinaciones que se me ocurrieron, en el próximo post ;-)

      Delete