Monday 20 February 2012

OPI - Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous

Back in 2008, my then boyfriend (now husband, in case you were wondering!) and I went to Switzerland on holiday. We had a wonderful time amongst some of the most beautiful scenery I've had the pleasure to see... Maybe that's why I like the OPI Swiss collection so much. Or it might just be that some of the colours in it are simply stunning!

Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous is one of my favourite OPI nail varnishes ever! I got it as a mini at first but love it so much I had to buy the 15 ml bottle.

I have a soft spot for metallics, silver and dark colours, so this pewter is a match made in heaven. Does it remind me of Lucerne? Not really, as I remember the lake, wooden bridges and pretty buildings with colourful fronts. It doesn't help that the picture below is sepia, but I'm sure you get the idea:

Lake Lucerne - Click to enlarge
My experience with this nail varnish has always been positive until yesterday, when I got a chip after a few hours. I was very disappointed as I normally get three or more days out of it. It won't put me off though!

Application is easy, two coats were sufficient for me despite reading that it usually needs three. It's almost like a foil but quite textured, which is absolutely fine by me.

I can't find much wrong with this colour, I just adore it! What do you think?

Click to enlarge

Brand: OPI
Collection: Swiss
Name: Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous
Type: Foil/Glitter
Colour: Dark Grey/Charcoal/Pewter
Pantone equivalent: 432
Make Up Alley rating: 4.7/5
Potential dupes: Chanel Graphite is not close enough and neither is OPI Brand New Skates; China Glaze Jitterbug is the closest I have found online.
Buy it from eBay £9.44

I used:
1 x OPI Natural Base Coat
2 x OPI Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous
1 x Save The Nail 45 Second Top Coat

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 400 - indoors - no flash - daytime

4 comments:

  1. El color super elegante... :) Y que linda la foto!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Me encanta este color, tanto que lo consideré para mi casamiento :-)

      Delete
  2. Que divino ese color, me encanta! Yo adoro los esmaltes de OPI, me encanta la aplicacion que tienen.

    ReplyDelete