Wednesday 15 February 2012

Save The Nail - 45 Second Top Coat

I do most of my shopping online but sometimes it's nice to go to physical shops for a change.

I popped to a large Boots at the weekend and came across a fairly new brand by Nails Inc: Save The Nail. There isn't a lot of information online but their focus seems to be on base coats, top coats and nail treatments. They are reasonably priced, ranging from £5.95 to £7.50 each.

The packaging stands out on the shelves, as all the products come in brown paper bags with a clear heart-shaped window showing the bottles inside. I fancied a fast-drying top coat but wasn't sure Seche Vite was for me, so I thought I'd give Save The Nail a go.

Does it do exactly what its name states? I haven't timed it as such, but I did notice that 10 minutes after applying it, my nails were incredibly dry and smooth! I was very impressed.

I noticed that a couple of days on, the shine is dulling a little more than it would with my OPI Top Coat, but as I am about to change the colour it doesn't bother me at all. It is probably a compromise, but with the super fast drying time and reasonable price tag I'm a satisfied customer.

45 Second Top Coat is B3F, which means it has no nasty chemicals (Formaldehyde, DBP or Toluene). It does, however, contain "acrylic resin for a chip resistant finish" and Diamond powder. Will it become a girl's best friend? What do you think?

Click to enlarge

Brand: Save The Nail
Name: 45 Second Top Coat
Type: Top Coat
Pantone equivalent: N/A
Make Up Alley rating: N/A
Potential dupes: Loads!
Buy it from Boots £6.95

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 800 - indoors - no flash - evening

2 comments:

  1. So basically one has to apply a base coat, colour and then top coat??? missing any coats there??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ridge filler, layered glitter... Those you mentioned are the basics for a long lasting manicure :-)

      Delete