Sunday 1 April 2012

Nails Inc - St Pancras

Continuing with the AW11 set from Nails Inc, today I am showing you St Pancras.

This is not a station I am very familiar with: I didn't live in the vicinity and, unlike Victoria, hadn't seen it in my English books when I was a teenager. It's become more popular in recent years since opening a Eurostar terminal.

St Pancras himself was a Roman citizen who converted to Christianity and was beheaded for his faith at the age of 14. I don't know whether this event gave name to this polish but it certainly resembles blood.

This colour is such a classic! I've had many of the kind over the years as burgundy cremes are my first love. I could wear this all Winter, every year!

The formula and brush are very good. It goes on smoothly and one coat might be sufficient but I like it better after two. 

Click to enlarge
When I tried it on I thought it would look great with gold, so I came up with the following idea, using OPI Glitzerland and a toothpick:

Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
It dries a little darker than the bottle, so it's pretty vampy indeed!


Brand: Nails Inc
Collection: AW 2011
Name: St Pancras
Type: Creme
Colour: Burgundy
Pantone equivalent: 4975
Make Up Alley rating: N/A
Potential dupes: Many!
Buy the set from Look Fantastic £19.99

I used:
1 x OPI Natural Base Coat
2 x Nails Inc St Pancras
1 x Save The Nail 45 Second Top Coat

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 400 - indoors - no flash - daylight

6 comments:

  1. El color está bueno, es un super clásico, siempre viene bien!!! Me gusta mucho como lo combinaste con dorado, te copiaré la idea proximamente... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me encanta este color, es uno de esos que van con todo, al menos para mí. Antes de volverme coleccionista usaba mucho estos tonos, invierno y verano :-)

      Delete
  2. No quiero desvirtuarte el post, pero en vez de st pancras leo ST PANCREAS, o sea me estoy imaginando un pancreas mientras leo jaja. Como cada color oscuro que presentas, te queda divino, y con los detalles con glitzerland tambien!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sos la única, cuando vivía en Londres y la señorita anunciaba las estaciones de subte siempre pensaba lo mismo :-)

      Gracias, me pueden los oscuros y el dorado solo no es lo mío, por eso se me ocurrió que quedarían lindos juntos (con la base oscura).

      Delete
  3. Que buena calidad estos Nails Inc, se ven tan brillantes y suntuosos estos cremes! El que mostraste el otro día es más mi estilo. St Pancras te queda bárbaro y me encantó con dorado, ahora...¿Por qué usar un escarbadientes con todos esos pinceles divinos a tu alcance? ja ja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eran fotos viejas, pre Día de la Madre! Ahora los escarbadientes quedan sólo para la sobremesa! jajaja

      Delete