Saturday 5 January 2013

Orly - Naughty Or Nice

Happy 2013 everyone!

I recently discovered that this nail varnish addiction is pretty contagious, and even my dear doctor friend Caro was not immune to it. So when my younger sister came to visit last November, my friend kindly sent me a number of polishes for my stash, most of which I have been too busy to even try. (Having a 3-year-old daughter, a newborn and being ill whilst recovering from a C-section over Christmas doesn't help!)

One of those beauties is Orly Naughty Or Nice, from the 'Tis The Season 2010 collection. I was very confused by the name, since their Christmas 2012 collection is called the same, but thanks to Google images I found what I was looking for. 

Caro knows I have a soft spot for vampy shades, so she chose this almost black burgundy creme which was really easy to apply and dried glossy. I don't own many Orly polishes but was pleased with this one: the formula was not too runny and the brush was extremely easy to use.

All the photos below are in natural light; I am using OPI Natural Base Coat, two coats of Orly Naughty Or Nice and no top coat.






I think that Naughty Or Nice is not the most unique of nail varnishes but it is nonetheless a very good one. I can't comment on its lasting powers but Orly is a reputable, B3F brand, much loved by many bloggers. I would have probably bought this myself if I didn't already have so many almost black polishes; if you are starting your collection and can get your hands on this, be sure to give it a chance. 

4 comments:

  1. Que divina esa chica che! Jajaja. Me encantan tus swatches! Beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debe ser porque el abuelo nació en Liverpool, son buena gente los scousers ;-) Gracias por tu generosidad, si subo foto de todos los que me mandaste parece un haul!

      Delete
  2. Todo ese brillo sin top coat..guau, por eso me encanta Orly, en especial sus mini que son adorables. Es un color muy "vos" que yo no usaría salvo para ponerle glitters, duocromos o flakies encima. Este post me puso celosa...quiero post con Inés de Make my day o Artemis de Hits ja ja
    Divinas las fotos como siempre, que lindo verte volver de a poco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabés que Caro también me trajo Inés?! Lo probé y me encantó, pero antes de publicarlo quería saber si los vendían por internet así daba la información pertinente... de a poquito quiero ponerme al dia, tengo tantos sin estrenar!

      Delete