Thursday 8 August 2013

Ciaté - Jewellery Box

Today I am showing you another untried. I bought this polish blind as there are hardly any swatches or reviews on the net. In fact, I've only found one review, which escaped me when I ordered this nail varnish about four weeks ago during a one-off sale.


Jewellery Box is from Ciaté's Treasured Possessions collection. I went for this shade as I have a mini collection of black polishes and thought it wasn't like anything I already owned.


How can I describe it? The review I read calls it a black glitter, but I think it's more like a Liquid Sand/PixieDust. It's a clear base, packed with tiny, coarse, matte black particles and quite a lot of hexagonal gold holographic glitter, which can be pretty blinding in direct sunlight. It's far too dense to be used as a glitter top coat; I used three coats to achieve full opacity (as is the case with most, if not all, of my Ciaté polishes).

 
I am not a huge fan of textured polishes. I had to buy some as a collector, but the grittiness isn't really my cup of tea. I tried to smooth Jewellery Box with a couple of coats of top coat and I noticed an improvement, but it's still not the finish I am happiest with.

 
A couple of things I love about Ciaté are the super cute bottle (of course!) and the brush. I noticed that this polish was not made in France like they used to, but in the US. Not that it makes any difference to me, but it might be good news for my American readers.


I am on the fence about this one. It is original, without a doubt! If the textured trend is for you, then I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment