Wednesday 7 August 2013

Striping Tape Nail Art (inspired by Phsiiit)

After nine months at home with my girls, my maternity leave came to an end and last week I was back in work. I wanted to do something nice and classy for my first day and remembered this lovely mani which I first saw on Pshiiit.


I'm not going to bore you with the details because it's super easy and Camille has done a video tutorial on her post.

I used OPI Black Onyx as a base and one of my untrieds from Llarowe: the gorgeous multichromatic beauty that is Ludurana Aurora Boreal Show. The name couldn't be any more apt!


Aurora Boreal Show flashes mostly red/copper in artificial light but in natural light it shifts from teal to purple (two of my favourite colours). I love it so much! Multichromes and holos are the stuff dreams are made of! Well, mine at least.


Then I finished the look off with silver striping tape and two coats of top coat. Unfortunately, some of the top coat got under the striping tape and the finish wasn't as smooth as I had hoped.


It was my first time using striping tape in this fashion and I noticed that it peeled off within 24 hours, which was a little disappointing. Still, it was so pretty and I got so many compliments I'd definitely do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment