Saturday 11 January 2014

Softouch Red/Black Gradient

I am a big fan of Layla's Softouch Effect polishes. I think the formula is very forgiving and you can get away with one heavy coat if you are in a hurry. I always get nice comments and the red one is one of few bottles in my stash that will need a replacement soon.

About a week ago I saw that Madeline Poole posted a red/black (glossy) gradient on her Instagram account (@mpnails) and I've been itching to have a go myself, so tonight I did it in a lovely velvet/matte/satin finish.


I am super happy with the results. It's exactly what I had in mind and I can see myself repeating this regularly.


Not only are they two colours that go with many of my clothes, but I love the simplicty, the darkness and the edge the finish provides.


1 comment: